Friday, January 25, 2013

MAC Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner Crayon - Designer Purple

When I went to China recently we passed through Hong Kong briefly on the way back but unfortunately totally mis-timed our arrival there so we didn't have time to go to Sasa!! Noooo! My brain was exploding with disappointment as it was one of the parts of the trip I was most looking forward to. So, when I spotted the MAC counter at the HK airport on the way out and saw that the prices were so reasonable compared to what it is in Australia, I just had to grab a couple of things! MAC Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner Crayon in Designer Purple and Undercurrent (green) :D



I've had my eye on these pencils for a fair while now, I first stumbled across them browsing a MAC store and when I swatched them, it applied creamily, had a strong colour payoff and sparkled in the storelights. I was immediately enchanted. At the time, I managed to convince myself I didn't need glitter purple / green eyeliner as they did not look wearable and moved on with my life. However, the thought of these pencils has always been simmering away at the back of my mind and now I've finally got them I do not regret it.

This does not do the colours any justice, they look way shinier / sparklier in real life.
Application: Creamy. Will not drag your eyelids at all and the colour payoff is so opaque, you will not need 2 coats to get an amazing pop of glittery colour.


Staying power: I applied Designer Purple immediately after leaving the MAC counter (I was that excited about it) and the eyeliner barely budged during the 7 hour flight back to Perth from HK despite accidental rubbing of the eyes! When applied, it can be blended and smudged, but once it dries, it really stays put. I did another road test this week - 9 hours of wear during a workday including a trip to the beach WITHOUT primer and the results were the same. See below:

This was taken with flashlight as there is no natural light available at 10:30pm at night!
Some transfer to lower lids, but extremely minimal especially when compared with other pencil liners I have used in the past (*cough* Urban Decay 24/7 Zero made me look like a panda in a matter of hours *cough*).

Wearability/Colour: Cost per wear is important to me when looking at expensive items, I either have to REALLY love it or be able to say I will wear it a fair few times (I've worn a $500 ball dress 5 times now... that's $100 per wear, not bad really) I would actually wear this a lot and I would totally wear it to work, it doesn't actually look as crazy as you think! Also, due to its staying power, it doesn't require touchups, which is also convenient as I don't really have time to be standing infront of the mirror at work fixing my eyemakeup. I'm totally going to use this and wear it down to a little nub.

Anyone want to see the green MAC Pearlglide Undercurrent on my eyes as well? It swatches similarly so I assume it has a similar staying power to Designer Purple!

Let me know if there's other MAC Pearlglide colours you think I might like - I'll be in the US shortly so I can get them cheap, I was eyeing up the Navy coloured one...

♥ Sabrina / Rose

Want to see our updates? Follow us on blogger | Follow us on bloglovin' | Follow us via RSS

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this! I have the purple also and I wanted to see how others were wearing it. I can't use it on my waterline I get an allergic reaction.

    ReplyDelete