Friday, February 1, 2013

Smile Foot Mask by The Face Shop Review


So I've got limited beauty shopping options in Cambodia but thankfully came across The Face Shop on one of the main streets during my travels. I'm aware of their store in Perth and the fact that it sells Korean beauty products however I've never really felt the need to try their products. Until now. Here's the first of my reviews on a bunch of interesting beauty products you may never have heard/tried before...



The Smile Foot Mask retails for ~$5USD and caught my eye sitting at the register in the impulse buy section. As a regular user of face masks, more for a pampering than for actual results, I thought I'd give it a go. My feet (heels especially) are so dry and cracked from walking around in thongs/flipflops all the time (great Aussie tourist footwear of choice!) so I'll try anything to make my heels feel smoother.  

The first thing noticed upon opening the packet is the strong chemical smell...I'd liken it closest to a female sanitary product or toilet cleaner, not an offensive smell but not super pleasant either. 1 set of plastic booties come in the packet, lined on the inside with a thin cloth layer which is saturated with a liquid intended for moisture but feels more like water than a typical thick moisturiser. 

I left them on for about an hour, since I couldn't read any of the Korean on the back of the packet, better safe than sorry! The booties sat loosely over my feet and come up to just above the ankle but because of the plastic, make it quite difficult to walk around so best to do when you plan on sitting still for an extended time (and after emptying your bladder!) Here's what they look like:


After the hour of lazing around checking facebook, 9gag and YouTube, I took them off to realise my feet has become all wrinkly like I'd spent the last hour in the pool/bathtub. I didn't notice a massive difference immediately but I went to bed just after using them so they were still feeling wet and wrinkly.

The next morning I woke up and they felt luxuriously soft, it didn't quite make as much impact on my dry cracked heels as I had hoped but I definitely noticed a smoother feeling to my foot skin which was quite nice to walk around on tiles. Unfortunately that effect didn't last long...I went out for the day wearing my thongs and by the time I came home, I felt like my feet were back to their normal dry state.

Overall, quite a nice, relatively cheap pampering treat for your feet (however in Cambodia, a pedicure goes for only $5 for an hour!) as long as you're not looking for a long term moisturising treatment.

Hope you all enjoyed this review, if you've had a chance to try it let me know in the comments!

x Sparkle/Alina

Want to see our updates? Follow us on blogger | Follow us on bloglovin' | Follow us via RSS

No comments:

Post a Comment