Monday, January 21, 2013

Universal lip color - L'oreal Paris Studio Secrets Professional

On my flight back from China, I saw a pack of 3 lipsticks for a very reasonable price - L'oreal Paris Studio Secrets Professional - Universal Lip Glow! I talked my little sister and mum into going in for a packet with me and we got one :D It's supposed to change to a colour depending on the pH of your lips, and although mine wasn't a dramatic change (I suspect few of them are very dramatic) it's a nice subtle upgrade to my lips and evens out the colour a little. Subtle also means wearable, so it should get a lot of use.


Follow me after the jump to see more!


I was surprised to see that the lipstick was a sort of gel inside! It is as firm as usual lipsticks and the colour is rather funky transparent pink-peach. It feels quite moisturising on the lips (as you'd expect) and I can't detect any smell.


When I first applied it in the plane, all I noticed in the tiny plane bathroom is that it made my lips slightly darker and added a shine & sheen to them. Now I've had a proper chance to photograph it, I can appreciate the colour change more and I definitely think it makes my lips look better hydrated and the colour is pleasantly rosy and alive with the lipstick on.


Not sure what the lasting power is like on this lipstick, but I wouldn't really buy it for hold anyway. Here is a face-swatch: 

Really like this lipstick, would recommend it for day-to-day wear if you're looking for a really subtle lip colour that's not drying and work-appropriate :) Would love to see what this lipstick looks like on other people too, forgot to convince my little sister / mum to try it on for me before I had to drive out of Perth to Esperance!

♥ Sabrina / Rose

Want to see our updates? Follow us on blogger | Follow us on bloglovin' | Follow us via RSS

No comments:

Post a Comment