Friday, May 10, 2013

FOTD Friday: Illamasqua makeover & haul

Illamasqua is the only makeup brand in Australia to price their makeup products the same as overseas, so I just had to drop by while I was in Melbourne! I found out that you can do a "makeover" for $50 and redeem it on product (two products will easily get you to $50) so I was sold! 


When I visited the Myer Melbourne CBD store, Rebecca did this look for me - unfortunately the eyeshadow had creased by the time I got back to the hotel 2-3 hours later and there's some migration under the eye, but the foundation is wonderfully flawless!! Love how it feels on my skin as well :)

List of Illamasqua products used and eye closeup after the jump...


Here's a closeup of the creasing, I don't have a lot of luck with cream eyeshadows, maybe it's just one of those things... a pity because I LOVE the eyeshadow palette colours, but I didn't want a product that would need maintenance every few hours. I haven't seen any other reviews of the palettes complain about creasing so I wonder whether a good primer would fix that problem :/ 


Here is a list of the products used on my face (all Illamasqua):

  • Face: Satin primer, Liquid foundation #9 and Powder foundation #200
  • Contour: Powder blusher - Disobey (I think)
  • Highlight: Powder eyeshadow - Stealth, Loose metallic pigment - Furore, Medium pencil - Vow (on browbone only)
  • Eyes: Medium pencil - Vow (as a base). Colours: Paranormal palette - pink (lid wash), purple (crease), green (tearduct)
  • Eyeliner - Black pencil - Sophie
  • Lashes: Masquara - Raven
  • Cheeks: Cream blusher - Brazen (very light hand)
  • Brows: Eyebrow Cake - Motto
  • Lips: Lipstick - Scandal, Sheer Lipgloss - Divine


I've bolded the items I bought above and I purchased a handful extra things:

  • Lipstick - Eurydice (eye popping pink, LOVE IT)
  • Medium pencil - Manic (going to use it as a pink lip liner)
  • Powder blusher - Ambition (very natural neutral blusher with the tiniest shimmer)
  • Blusher Brush 1 (for powder foundation application)




I didn't quite mean to buy this many things, but I fell in love with the high pigmentation of the blushes & lipsticks and the finely-milled quality of the foundation, which gives such a smooth finish to the skin. Will review most of these in due course, let me know if there's any product you're more interested in - I'll prioritise it :) 

♥ Sabrina / Rose

Want to see our updates? Follow us on blogger | Follow us on bloglovin' | Follow us via RSS

No comments:

Post a Comment