Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Review: Taylor Swift - Wonderstruck Enchanted Perfume


This post is following on from earlier this year when I mentioned how much I like Taylor Swift. Now although I may love dancing around to her music and enjoy her style, I'm not one to generally get caught in the fandom enough to want to buy every product she (or any other celebrity) endorses. This perfume was raved about on the blogosphere for the last year since it was released in 2012 in the US. It was officially released in Australia around Christmas of last year and I've been holding out until now to buy it. Why? I wanted to be 100% sure I wasn't just into the scent because it was connected to Taylor Swift. Thank god I wasn't, this has quickly become my go to scent, find out why after the jump! 

The perfume is a joint collaboration between Elizabeth Arden and Taylor Swift, so I knew I was going to like it (I own Elizabeth Arden Pretty and Green Tea already!).

The press release for the perfume list these ingredients:
  • Top notes of wild berries, pink poppy & passion fruit
  • Heart notes of peony blossoms, sugar-glazed champaca petals & white freesia
  • Base notes of white musk, hypnotic vanilla & blonde woods
I'm no connoisseur of scents but I can tell you this is a very girly, pretty, sweet floral/fruity smell. If you've already tried her first release, simply "Wonderstruck" (which I found overwhelmingly sweet and juvenile) then this is like Wonderstruck's older sister. It's still sweet and feminine but slightly more mature, especially the part that lingers over the day. 

In addition the bottle is gorgeous! It's a lovely red with a kind of glittery holographic effect which reflects light beautifully (and you all know I love all things shiny!) It also has some delicate charms which hang around the spray top which I find quite endearing. 

It's sold as an Eau de Parfum which means it's high quality and will last much longer than your average Eau de Toilette. Best places to spray are onto your wrists and neck (pulse points) where the smell will be released due to heat. 

So if you're into something sweet and fruity but not too childish, maybe visit your closest perfume retailer (it should be sold everywhere now) and give it a sniff (alternatively, if you're one of my friends...actually no please don't sniff me I'll get creeped out) and let me know what you think. 

x Alina/Sparkle 

Want to see our updates? Follow us on blogger | Follow us on bloglovin' | Follow us via RSS

No comments:

Post a Comment