Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Shocking Pink Lippie Review: Illamasqua - Eurydice

When I stepped into the colourful, edgy corner of makeup in Illamasqua in Bourke St Myer, the hot pink Eurydice was the lipstick I gravitated to. It's described on the website as "Bright fuchsia pink, matte finish" lipstick.


Price - $25, you can get it at Illamasqua in person, from Myer online or ASOS!

See more after the jump!




Pigmentation
Illamasqua lipsticks are renowned for their opaque coverage and Eurydice is no exception. It has amazing colour payoff and it looks even more eyepopping when you line your lips with a hot pink liner first, eg. Illamasqua's Medium Liner in Manic :D If you wanted to tone it down, you could apply it lightly and finish with a gloss to get a light wash of pink but that's not my style.

Texture 
As with most matte lipsticks with amazing hold, the tradeoff is texture. The texture of the lipstick is slightly drying. I would strongly advise moisturising / using a lipscrub before applying. It doesn't really cause the lines in the lips to show from a distance though, it just feels a little dry - although I do have dry lips to start with, the more moist-lipped of you out there probably won't have this problem.



Longevity
Absolutely amazing staying power. I ate a salad, tapas & churros with this lipstick on and only the very inside of the lipstick wore off but the outside was still intact and it slightly stains the lips. If you eat carefully, you should be able to wear this lipstick through MOST meals without needing too much touchup, especially foods that aren't oily and don't touch your lips much. I was just struggling to eat a salad without getting the dressing all over my face like an idiot. Salads are just difficult like that.

Application 
I would recommend applying this lipstick with a brush, Illamasqua lipsticks are unfortunately also renowned for coming off their tube base and going a little wonky so I'd recommend not putting too much sideways pressure on the lipstick by applying directly from the tube to the lips. A brush is also great to get more precise lines.

Illamasqua Eurydice a dupe for NARS Schiap?


I have been slightly obsessed with the hot pink lipstick NARS Schiap ever since I saw Steph include it in a fashion collage on her blog. Illamasqua's Eurydice is very close in colour to NARS Schiap, they're both a slightly blue-undertoned hot pink but Schiap appears to be a subtle bit darker. However, Illamasqua lipsticks  are cheaper, have better staying power, are more matte and are more highly pigmented - so I'm very happy with my brand diversion from a NARS craving to an Illamasqua purchase :D 

If you want to see a swatch of both lipsticks so you can see the similarity in colour for yourself, check out this blog post

Because you really needed to see another photo of my face in this post.

Looking forward to purchasing more Illamasqua lipsticks in future! I've got my eye on the matte purple Illamasqua ESP but it's completely impractical. Ahh, the power of novelty.

Are you loving or hating the hot pink lip trend? 

♥ Sabrina / Rose

Want to see our updates? Follow us on blogger | Follow us on bloglovin' | Follow us via RSS

No comments:

Post a Comment