Friday, August 16, 2013

The boldest lips - Black lipstick [FOTD Friday]

I have had a fascination for black lipstick ever since I was 14. Our Yr 9 social was themed "Shock Me" and I certainly shocked - not only with black lipstick used all over my lips but also for the huge black satanic pentagon drawn upon my forehead. Ahh, the things we do as teenagers.

Anyway, I haven't seem to have completely outgrown black lipstick. I bought a Barry M black lipstick a while ago and decided it was too severe to wear with black hair, however it might have a new lease on life with my pink hair! What do you think?


What I used on my face:
  • Face: Illamasqua Blush - Ambition
  • Brows: MAC Espresso with an angled brush
  • Eyes: Stila Black All Day Waterproof Eyeliner, Lorac Pro Palette - Taupe, Espresso, Sable, Lt Pink
  • Lips: Barry M Lip Paint in 37 - Black, lined with MAC Powerpoint Eyepencil in Engraved


Want an eye closeup or perhaps an goofy outtake



At first, I thought perhaps that a more subtle eye would allow the lips to shine, but I found that this look needs severe brows and eyes in order for the face to look balanced on my face! The brows were much more filled than usual, and I used black liner instead of the usual brown.



Whats going on with my hair?
I decided to see what would happen if I washed my hair with my leftover Fudge Clean Blonde Purple Shampoo, which gives it this wonderful purple tint and got rid of some the yellowy tones. 

I've been using LUSH Retread as a conditioner with some hair dye mixed in to refresh the colour - small amounts of Special Effects Cupcake Pink, Atomic Pink and Special Effects Toner

Looking super classy with a laundry basket and suitcase in the background.
What I'm wearing:
Diamante Cat ears headband & Catface tshirt from Hot Topic, necklace from Ebay (see this post).

I will say this: Black lipstick makes your teeth look super white! Haha.

Until next time,

♥ Rose

Want to see our updates? Follow us on blogger | Follow us on bloglovin' | Follow us via RSS

No comments:

Post a Comment