Monday, January 14, 2013

Manicure Mondays - Essie Nail Art

So since it seems here on Sparkle and Rose, that I'm the resident nail buff (get it...buff? as in buffing your nails. oh that was a terrible pun. I apologize) I'm starting a new series, Manicure Mondays! If I buy a new nail polish this is where I'll review it but sometimes it might just be a picture of what my nails look like at the moment with details of the product(s) I used. I hope you enjoy, and feel free to give feedback to improve it, always looking for new ideas!

Today's post is a very basic nail art I did just before I left my parents house, I admit, it's not my best work but from afar, it looked pretty cool and it was basically just an excuse to use both of my new Essie polishes that I bought in the Boxing Day sales on the Gold Coast (QLD).

More details after the jump...




What I used:
Essie After Sex (glittery maroon)
Essie Tie The Knot (gloss neutral pink)



How I did it:
SUPER SIMPLE! 1 coat of Essie Tie The Knot and then using the normal brush applicator, did random dot patterns with Essie After Sex plus 2 coats of top coat (I was going on holidays and wanted it to last as long as possible!)

Nail polish Review:
- Both great high quality products, brushes quite thin which is great for the dots but could be simpler to apply to whole nail.
- Long lasting (only started to crack after 4 days)
- Neutral pink was very sheer (as you can tell from the photo) so 2 coats ideally required
- CONS: Not 100% sure so I'll update this if I find differently on the 2nd try but after removing the polish, I found my fingernails to be stained an odd yellow colour which didn't come out with washing/acetone remover. Not sure if this means my nails are unhealthy or whether it was just a byproduct of the polish but something to think about if it concerns you.

If you have done anything similar let me know in the comments or send us a picture at sparkleandrose@gmail.com !

x Sparkle

Want to see our updates? Follow us on blogger | Follow us on bloglovin' | Follow us via RSS

2 comments:

  1. Cute design! Can't go wrong with polka dots :) The pink is really pretty and I think the coverage was decent for just 2 coats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much, i love your nail posts and i'm really keen to try some more designs (on a day without coffee)!

      Delete