Friday, April 5, 2013

FOTD Friday: Twilight Bella Vampire-inspired makeup

We each did our own version of Bella's Vampire look, we really just wanted to have fun with this so they're not particularly wearable ;)



Follow us after the jump to see the looks in more detail / see some goofy shots...


Bella's look that we modelled ours (loosely on):



Alina opted to look more like a zombie with heavily smoky black/plum eyes and pale skin. To get this look she used:

Face:
A mixture of heavily applied white costume powder over Naked Skin Foundation
Highlighted with Maybelline Dream LUMI touch Highlighting Concealer in shade 03
Lightly contoured with Blackout from Naked 2
Blush using Red Sugarpill Eyeshadow in Love+

Eyes: Blended the NARS/Smashbox plums of yours with Naked 2 Blackout and MAC Cork, No eyeliner
Note: Alina's eyes have been photoshopped red!

Eyebrows: heavily filled in with NARS Eyebrow Pencil in Ipanema

Lips: Too Faced Lipstick in Drop Dead Red with a layer of MAC Cork to make it darker and more matte


I found Bella's brown smokey eyes particularly inspiring so I put more work into those! I'm actually pretty proud of the blending I did on these, I've finally discovered where my eyesockets are for crease blending!

Eyes:
I went for a smokey brown eye by blending MAC Cork out with MAC Corduroy with a little MAC Espresso in the corners with a MAC 217 brush, with MAC Cork along the lower lash line. I pushed a little MAC Shroom into the tearduct to give my eyes some life and shine, along with some along the browbone.

My coloured contacts are Vassen Dolly Plus Red circle lenses - no photoshop on my photos!

Face:
Pure red eyeshadow, Sugarpill Love+ was used for blush and Blackout from the NAKED 2 palette as a pretty severe contour - I would only use black as contour for a vampire look!! I contoured my nose bridge using Buck from the NAKED palette.

Lips:
I created a matte red lip by using one of my berry red colours and lightly patting over with brown eyeshadow to dull down the colour (I don't own lipsticks in brown tones).

Hair:
I had to wear this ridiculous frizzy brown wig off ebay. It looks nothing like Bella's hair but it's the only wig I had in brown!! It looked way cuter on the doe-eyed Japanese girl advertising it...



It was super fun to do something a little ridiculous... we don't take ourselves too seriously.

Want some behind-the-scenes funsnaps?




Until next time!

♥ xx Rose (& Sparkle!)

Want to see our updates? Follow us on blogger | Follow us on bloglovin' | Follow us via RSS

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You guys are strangely good at this? I'm simultaneously terrified and impressed. Also, so glad that Sparkle found her eye sockets.

    ReplyDelete