Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Review: Philosophy Hope In A Jar Moisturiser


Hey everyone,

Here's a review on my new favourite night moisturiser from philosophy: hope in a jar.

Click the jump for more detail!




Packaging:

Very simple, classic packaging. I quite like the red (disposable) box that it comes in...but that being said I like anything sparkly.




Consistency/Formulation:

Thin creamy texture in the jar. Settles onto the face like any other moisturiser however doesn't completely absorb, making it more ideal for night time.

The downfall it has appeared is that the product that collects on the lid seems to separate into a much thicker product and then the liquid drips out into the grooves of the twist top. Bit of a pain at first but after using up the product on the lid and making sure the jar was always upright, it wasn't a further issue.

Smell:

Horrible. I absolutely despise the smell. Great thing is that I could only smell it on the first couple tries, after that it seemed to disappear (not that it's not there, I can smell it when I apply it, but it just doesn't seem to linger).

Ideal skin type:

This claims to be great for all skin types, I can't comment for everyone but I have oily skin so I generally like my moisturisers to be very lightweight to avoid any breakouts and especially for under my makeup during the day otherwise I feel like I'm battling against oil all day long. This one makes my skin feel quite soft and moisturised, however doesn't feel like it has a residue or blocking my pores. It hasn't made me break out which is a definite plus! I do however feel like it's a bit heavy to wear underneath my makeup so I'm using this at nighttime only.

Overall:
I really like this moisturiser, I feel like it's doing a better job than my previous moisturiser that was very light and once I got past the smell I've been really enjoying using it.

Have a go for yourself!

x Sparkle/Alina

Want to see our updates? Follow us on blogger | Follow us on bloglovin' | Follow us via RSS

No comments:

Post a Comment