Friday, March 29, 2013

FOTD Friday: NAKED again

I wanted to try using the Urban Decay NAKED 2 palette for a simple daytime look that emphasizes my crease. I love darkening the crease as opposed to the lid area because it gives my puffy hooded lids more depth and makes them appear larger. I wanted the lids to come forwards (and thus it is a lighter colour) and my eye socket to recede more (thus it is a darker colour,as if there is a shadow casted there). 

I am LOVING my Stila liquid liner (which is a texta style liner) in Dark Brown! Using a dark brown is a lot less severe than liquid black liner for day-time looks. I was told at my Colours consultation that since I was a "Winter", I should not wear brown eyeliner as it would make my skin look muddy and this has haunted me for the last few years. I will talk about "getting your Colours done" one day but to avoid long tangents, I'll leave that for another day. I finally decided to give dark brown liner another go (Xiaxue uses brown liquid liner and she looks rockin' with that colour). I like it! 

Note to self: Use a less wide angle lens the next time I do selfies, yikes.

I used:

  • Primer: Toofaced Shadow Insurance
  • Crease colour and lower outer third: Tease (matte brown with hints of purple) from NAKED 2 palette
  • Lid colour: Half Baked (wonderfully sparkly yellowy gold)
  • Tearduct / browbone: Foxy and/or Bootycall, I don't remember, sorry!
  • Liner: Stila All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner Dark Brown
  • Cheeks: NARS Orgasm
  • Foundation / lips: Too lazy to do anything ;)
<3 Sabrina / Rose

P.S.: Since returning from my US trip, my crease application has improved a little - I don't know if you can tell though! A wonderful makeup artist at the Florida mall MAC store gave me some blending tips for hooded lids which I will share in a future post! I never miss the chance to ask retail makeup artists for tips and tricks, if they're happy to share :)

Want to see our updates? Follow us on blogger | Follow us on bloglovin' | Follow us via RSS

No comments:

Post a Comment