Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Review: L'oreal Superliner 24H Waterproof Gel Eyeliner


Hey beauty lovers,

Quick review here for my new favourite eyeliner! Now I'm a total newbie to gel eyeliner, I bought 3 MAC Powerpoint pencils back in 2006 and never thought to try anything different unless it was a fancy occasion when I'd attempt liquid liner. In December of last year I had a realisation that it was silly and I should try something different. I've heard a lot about gel liners but before I invested in a high end brand I thought I'd go down to Priceline (I actually bought this one at Target where it was 20% off) and pick up a cheapie one to test out before I forked out the big bucks!

The product is L'oreal Paris Super Liner 24H Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in Shade 01 Black which comes with a free (super shitty) brush in the pack. 

Review after the jump



So as I said previously, the brush included in the pack is crap, it's fat and incredibly non-precise. Thanks to Sab/Rose's trip to the US recently, I've acquired a skinny angled eyeliner brush from Sonia Kashuk which makes the job much easier. 

Despite the crappy brush, the gel eyeliner itself is a beautiful halfway point between a pencil and liquid. It has a much more even and smooth application than a pencil while also setting much faster and easier for everyday use than a liquid eyeliner. It provides a rich intense matte black colour which I love for everyday use. 

Here are some photos below of the appearance of the eyeliner applied using my Sonia Kashuk brush. 




As far as longevity goes, it's pretty damn good. Without using eye primer I found it did transfer slightly into the crease over the course of the day but when I use my Urban Decay Primer Potion and some eyeshadow, I find it stays fixed throughout the day with no smearing or smudging.

I would definitely recommend this product but please please please get your own precise eyeliner brush! Now that I've dipped my toes in, I'm definitely keen to experiment more with gel eyeliner and go in search of another!

Have any of you guys found a great eyeliner recently?

x Alina/Sparkle

Want to see our updates? Follow us on blogger | Follow us on bloglovin' | Follow us via RSS

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I really like this post! :) Thanks for the tips - I just brought this bad boy! Was thinking of posting a review myself!

    ReplyDelete