Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Review: Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer


Hello beauty lovers, this is next in my recent haul of lip products over the past few months, the yet to be released in Australia Rimmel Apocalips Lip Gloss/Lacquer. 

I bought 2 on asos.com a few months back after such rave reviews from bloggers/vloggers such as Fleurdeforce and I had to share my thoughts even though I'm yet to actually wear these lip colours in public! 

Review after the jump!




Packaging: Kind of looks like a cheap plastic jewel effect but for something that you can buy from the drugstore/high street/priceline, and certainly for the price tag, it's not terrible. 

Applicator: Novel wand with a little pool in the middle of the sponge tip to allow more product (which is absolutely not necessary, half a swipe and you've got more than enough for complete opaque coverage). 

Smell: Not it's selling point, the scent is quite chemical/paint-like. Fortunately, it's not very strong and doesn't last long. 

Formulation: Creamy and moisturising. Somewhere between matte and glossy. Very pigmented and long lasting wear. 

Colour range: considering I did not have access to the actual product or any testers within Australia I relied on online swatches to indicate what the colours might look like, unfortunately it seems I have chosen poorly as the 2 colours while swatched above look relatively normal, on my face with my skin colour and lip colour, they looked far too out of place for me to possibly consider wearing them regularly (or even for a special occassion). They're incredibly bright and fun colours but I think that they're just not me. People with paler skin tones may find them more flattering. Or maybe just the rest of the colour range is better, I don't know. 

Longevity: wears well throughout the day, reapplication needed after a messy meal. 

Overall:
Love the texture and colour intensity however wasn't overly impressed by the colour choices available online. Would be very keen to test them out once they (if ever) arrive to our Aussie shores! 

Have any of you tried them? What did you think?

x Sparkle/Alina

Want to see our updates? Follow us on blogger | Follow us on bloglovin' | Follow us via RSS

No comments:

Post a Comment