Monday, December 24, 2012

If I could only have... Liquid Eyeliner?

Today's IICOH experiment: Liquid eyeliner! This is the one piece of makeup I most commonly leave the house wearing, despite thinking brows and blush are essential - I like to highlight my eyes :)

Note: my rosy cheeks today are due to heat / dehydration, not blush!

More after the jump! Read on...


A couple more shots - I usually wear glasses so eyeliner helps to bring the eyes to the fore - should have got a "before" shot with my glasses. Drat.

I'm a huge fan of this deep black liquid eyeliner from Japanese brand Dollywink. I've been using it for the last 6 months or so and it holds up well over many uses. This eyeliner is precise, with a thin felt tip that does not deform too easily with use over time (unlike my Stila felt tip liquid eyeliner which has started shedding).

By the way, if you want to play around with eyeliner shapes, check out this video from Promise Phan, she shows how to make round, slanted, elongated and droopy eyes! I've gotta try it out sometime...

Hope you enjoyed this installment, I'm thinking I'll try mascara next!

♥ Sabrina / Rose


Previous "If I could only have..." posts:

Want to see our updates? Follow us on blogger | Follow us on bloglovin' | Follow us via RSS

7 comments:

  1. Ohh.. where did you get that eyeliner from? I've been trying to find a good one forever, but never really know where to start >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ebayed it! "Dollywink liquid eyeliner" brings up a few things :)

      Here's a couple if you're too lazy to search:
      http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Koji-Eye-Makeup-Dolly-Wink-Liquid-Eyeliner-Black-1Pc-/360530753984?pt=AU_Makeup&hash=item53f14eb9c0&_uhb=1#ht_2499wt_1397
      http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/KOJI-Dolly-Wink-Liquid-Eyeliner-DEEP-BLACK-NEW-/320473359111?pt=US_Makeup_Eyes&hash=item4a9db36307&_uhb=1#ht_5294wt_1163

      There's quite a few good ones floating about these days I think, I usually find things by watching youtube tutorials / looking on blogs, found Dollywink stuff through ekiblog (http://www.ekiblog.com/2011/11/new-dolly-wink-products.html) I think? She is so adorable!

      Delete
    2. Ooh okay, thanks for the links and info!! :)

      Delete
  2. I have heard really good things about that Dollywink liner! I bought the Stila one when in the US in September but haven't opened it up yet - that's too bad about it shedding :\ Thanks for the link to the video - that should be useful, will go watch it now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the stila, I don't know if it was just the way I was using it :/ Its still pretty usable even with the bit of shedding mine has, I like that the tip on the stila is a little thicker, good for a quick wash of black, dollywink is more precise for super clean work :) Thanks for dropping by with a comment!

      Delete
  3. I am positively unskilled when it comes to applying liquid eyeliner, so i always have to go for the "smudged kohl" look, despite my love of cat eyes! Booo. Will have to check out that video! (or get you to show me sab!)

    Steph xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes a lot of practice, I started with a gel liner + a brush, I think that's easier than these unforgiving felt tips! To keep your hand steady, rest your little finger on the face while you do it - it's the same tip they tell us for holding an otoscope heh ;)

      Delete