Wednesday, January 9, 2013

If I could only have... Mascara?

Many people swear by mascara as their go to makeup item (hey Sammy!) - but I think this mostly applies to girls who don't have dark coloured hair and/or have really long eyelashes that just don't show up as dark or thick as they would like. I have dark, shortish lashes - they're not bad length for an asian but are super short compared to average european lashes. Mascara barely makes any difference to my appearance - if I want to have visible lashes, I just go straight to luscious fake lashes. 

The evidence:

Obsessed with fibre / fiber mascaras lately, I am loving Dollywink's Long mascara in Deep black (Japanese brand). If I wash my face in warm water, it comes off so easily - when gently pulled from the lashes, it slides straight off the lashes in long tubes. It's super cool.


With the majority of mascaras, no matter what I use to remove them, I end up with the raccoon-eyed-stain of mascara around my eyes the next day, they cling to my lashes like nothing else and I end up losing eyelashes trying to get the gunk off. Gotta try out that Kevin Aucoin mascara that Alina just reviewed...


Anyone recommend other good fibre mascaras or a cheap place to get Dollywink online?

♥ Sabrina / Rose

P.S.: For this one I assumed that an eyelash curler (a makeup tool) does not count as an item of makeup, otherwise I would also not be able to use any brushes to apply product either!

Here's a photo comparing uncurled / curled lashes:


Previous "If I could only have..." posts:

Want to see our updates? Follow us on blogger | Follow us on bloglovin' | Follow us via RSS

No comments:

Post a Comment