Wednesday, February 6, 2013

White Mud Nose Pack by The Face Shop Review


 Next up in my series of reviews on products from The Face Shop is the White Mud Nose Pack. Now I have to admit, I did not buy this, my friend Trish (better known as one half of Le Fanciulle) bought it when we were there and she was kind enough to let the rest of the group try the product and review it here for you!




My skin is confusing, the best way to explain it would be to say it is similar to my mood...generally pretty positive but occasionally moody (often, depending who you talk to!). I am lucky that 99% of the time I don't have an issue with large pores or obvious blackheads, so I've never really gotten into the beauty area which encompasses pore tighteners, nose strips etc. If however you do suffer from large pores which block up with ugly blackheads then you may very well be interested in an alternative to the harsh nose/pore strips.



This product would best be described as a super thick and sticky liquid which goes on wet and dries hard enough to easily peel off. Coming out of the tube, the product would best be likened to toothpaste or PVA glue consistency. If you've got quite dexterous fingers, you won't have an issue but for those with 10 thumbs, you might have a bit of an issue getting it even across the entire nose (especially in the deep bit right on the outside) and thick enough to easily peel off. I had no problem but it's always something to think about.

The smell was actually quite pleasant and very mild so if you're not a fan of strong smells or have a particularly sensitive nose, then you're in luck. We left it on for about 15 minutes and within 5 minutes it had already dried completely and somehow turned shiny (hard to explain but it's not crucial information). It was easy to pick off one edge and rip off completely in 1 piece, no sticky residue either! According to Trish who regularly uses pore strips, it was much less painful than usual and had surprising ripping power considering the how thin the liquid layer was applied.

Comparing all of our pore strips, I realise why Trish uses these products regularly, it couldn't be captured on camera but holding it up to the light you could tell lots of tiny dark blackheads stuck to the strip. She was happy to see results instantly and to tell that it actually worked. Either the rest of us didn't have any blackheads or didn't apply the product thickly enough to pick anything up, but ours didn't look so impressive but I could tell that the skin on my nose did feel much smoother afterwards.

Regarding skin type, I would say this is appropriate for all skin types, Trish suffers from extremely sensitive skin and she found no problems in the days after using the product and me with my oily skin also found no issues.

Overall, a great product for removing blackheads (not sure about it's function at reducing pore size or keeping blackheads away) and at only $5USD for a tube that can be used multiple times (we barely made an dent in the volume) it seems like a much more affordable and painless option compared to pore strips.

If it's something you're interested in, drop by The Face Shop and give it a go for yourself and let me know what your thoughts were.

x Alina/Sparkle

Want to see our updates? Follow us on blogger | Follow us on bloglovin' | Follow us via RSS

1 comment:

  1. Alina I think I need some of this... my nose has the hugest pores :|

    ReplyDelete